LOVE KNOXVILLE INTERN
Description: Cokesbury Church is seeking a passionate individual, ready to hone their skills in nonprofit management, ministry leadership, and/or christian community development. The Love Knoxville Intern should have a strong desire to see Micah 6:8 in action through the work of the church in seeking to extend mercy and justice in the name of Jesus in the Knoxville community.
Type of Position: Paid part-time 20 hours/week; 1 year internship. Some fixed hours each week, others flexible.
- Serves as program coordinator for Hope Initiative single mother’s ministry and attends weekly (Tuesdays from 5:45-7:45pm).
- Recruit program participants through existing Cokesbury ministries and through fostering community partnerships.
- Recruits, trains, coordinates, and appreciates Outreach volunteers.
- Utilizes database systems for tracking and coordinating volunteer and program participants.
- Assist with coordination of special events.
- Provides administrative support for all Outreach ministries.
- Actively works to create and document systems, procedures, and training that enable volunteers to serve in meaningful ways.
- Maintains working knowledge of community resources and able to serve as support resource for Hope Connection (benevolence) volunteers.
- Takes on special projects that advance the mission of Cokesbury’s Outreach Ministries.
- Gains an understanding of and able to support Cokesbury’s community partnerships.
- Committed follower of Jesus.
- Experience working with people in poverty.
- Ability to effectively communicate (send team emails, lead volunteer trainings, facilitate classes).
- Ministry or nonprofit degree preferred or equivalent experience.
- Excellent organizational skills and competent with use of technology.
- Team player; able to collaborate with others, including working with people from diverse backgrounds.
- Leadership skills; able to coordinate teams of volunteers.
- Understands the importance of serving as an equipper rather than a doer in ministry leadership.
Interested candidates should send a resume and cover letter to Katie McIlwain: email@example.com.
DIRECTOR OF COMMUNICATIONS
Cokesbury Church is seeking a full-time Director of Communications to champion and execute a communications strategy that draws people to Cokesbury Church to experience the love of Jesus.
A great candidate will have experience in marketing and/or communications. He or she will also be familiar with Cokesbury Church and our mission. The Director of Communications will be asked to:
- Be a communicator of our mission statement, core values, and vision.
- Supervise the communications team.
- Work closely with the Executive Pastor to create and implement a communications strategy.
- Work with the rest of the staff to develop content for areas including but not limited to: website, app, blog, podcast, social media, and written resources.
- Champion communication and next steps for those who engage with us online.
- Track data and analytics for all digital platforms with the intent to help guide decisions about content and resources for Cokesbury Church.
- Create and execute a content calendar for task management.
- Innovate in areas related to digital and print resources that support spiritual growth and worship.
Please send a resume and cover letter to Anna Lee at firstname.lastname@example.org by February 4th.